Primary School Sport premium is a ring fenced funding allocated directly to primary schools across England. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of PE and school sport for all their children.
The Government’s PE and School Sport Vision is supported in by national partners Sport England, afPE, Youth Sport Trust and County Sports Partnerships The government have also announced a further commitment to P.E and sport until 2020 if they are elected in the next general election.
We aim to use our funding in a measurable and sustainable way, which will see improvement in school PE and sport, underpinned by high-quality teaching that increases participation levels in physical activity, and leads to healthier pupils who are more engaged across the whole curriculum.
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this. Possible uses for the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE and sport
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE and sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
Sport Premium 2019-2020 OutcomeDownload
CCA School Sports Premium 2018-2019Download
Sport Premium 2017-2018 IntentionsDownload
Sport Premium 2017-2018 OutcomeDownload
Sport Premium 2016-2017 IntentionsDownload
Sport Premium 2016-2017 OutcomeDownload
Sport Premium Funding 2015-2016 OutcomeDownload
Click here for more informationDownload